Category Manager Drilling and Explosives
POSTED: 18 Apr 2023
JOB NUMBER: 1344
JOB NUMBER: 1344
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors qualification, preferably in Business, Commercial, Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting.
- Post Graduate Qualification in relevant field is strongly preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of Experience in global supply value chain environment.
- Sourcing and Procurement Project Management Skills.
- Knowledge of business processes EOI/RFI/RFP within company such as Business Improvement/Safety/ERP.
- Financial acumen and background.
- Strong track record in business improvement and change management.
- Execution of strategic sourcing activities for Globally managed commodities across various regions, including various global suppliers.
- Drive supplier management strategies and negotiations at senior management levels.
- Manage suppliers to ensure sustainable delivery according to sites Supply and Demand planning.
- Ensure and manage compliance to overall supply chain governance, policies and procedures (i.e.), safety and sustainability.
- Ensure sufficient interface with key stakeholders when developing and communicating commodity strategies (e.g.), Regional Management teams.
- Model overall value based on security of supply, Total Cost of Ownership and end user requirements for respective commodity.
- Utilize market intelligence and strategic sourcing principles to drive realization of benefits.
- ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) and Localization strategy implementation in contracts
- Alleviate commodity risks and focus on development of supplier scorecards KPIs for monitoring and measuring performance.
- Continuously maintain and refine an effective global commodity strategy.
- Provide input into the annual budgeting cycle.
- Manage and ensure responsible sourcing from global suppliers by ethically sourcing products from across the strategic supply base.
- Supervise subordinates by implementing good management practices.
- Control costs in terms of approved budget by authorising/rejecting certain expenditure and by generally practicing good operational management.
- Ensure that optimal staffing levels are maintained.
- Manage the control and maintenance of all system related to movable assets.
- Ensure that Audit policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Provide support to the VP Supply Chain in establishing and maintaining a productive business culture and building, leading and developing an effective and increasingly capable team across the Region.
- Ensure that the Supply Chain function develops, manages and reports against effective plans and schedules that derive from and support the strategic and business plans.
Strong analytical and presentation skills.
Financial modelling skills.
Good interpersonal skills.
Good supplier relationship management (SRM) skills.
Solid planning/organizing skills: capable of managing major projects simultaneously.
Vice President: Global Category Management Apply Now
DOE Market Competitive
Company Assistance Provided
VIEW MORE JOBS