POSTED: 14 Feb 2023Electrical Engineer
JOB NUMBER: 1328
JOB NUMBER: 1328
- Ensure that you are certified to execute the tasks / jobs assigned.
- Develop engineering solutions from feasibility to design for assigned projects. Will need to communicate with end user to determine scope of project and update them as needed with design considerations.
- Perform bid walks with contractors, analyze bids, and provide recommendations for bid awards.
- Document engineering plans via CAD programs and specification documents. Produce documents for competitive bidding process and execution. Conduct project bid meetings with procurement.
- Provide project management support for capital projects through the engineering stages as assigned.
- Provide oversight of engineering efforts of assigned projects. Interact with work force and contractors to ensure compliance to safety and environmental standards. Conduct regular updates on project status compared to schedule and provide direction accordingly. Examine engineering work performed to ensure adherence to design and specification and provide direct and written feedback to contractors. This includes quality control and quality assurance technical responsibilities. Responsibilities may also include support for other engineers in department.
- Maintain a five-year plan of facilities projects to maintain plant facilities for the long-term. Facilities includes roofs, siding, painting, roads, general facilities, potable water, and storm and sewer water systems. Maintain a yearly work schedule and complete jobs per the schedule and approved budget. Identify risks to the facilities and document proposed solutions to communicate to leadership.
- Maintain and expand the engineering documentation system. This includes working with the senior drafter on organizing new documents into the system, maintaining proper edit permissions, and supporting the use of all functions within the system. Maintain condition of physical files and document integrity.
- Support modification of the existing and new documents to current status via CAD and PDF editors. Support internal and external personnel in searching for documentation. Support standardization efforts of internal and external drawings and documentation.
- Provide verbal and written updates on project status to supervisor and plant leadership.
- Support development of the annual budget and updates to the budget by obtaining budgetary proposals for projects in a timely fashion.
- Research alternatives to current facilities maintenance practices including materials updates and execution methods to improve performance and lower cost.
- Responsible for but not limited to all tasks/duties assigned or required.
- Knowledge of PV Safety and Quality standards.
- ETAP or similar experience
- Technical report writing skills.
- Good networking skills and ability to communicate with outside resources to gather needed information.
- Ability to organize and conduct meetings inside and outside the department.
- Expertise in the utilization of advanced planning tools such as MS Project or similar.
- Expertise in the utilization of MS tools such as WORD and EXCEL.
- Ability to work with diverse teams that include internal and external resources; equipment contractors; and others such as architects and Engineering firms when required.
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise in the management of schedules and budgets
- 3 years or more of experience in mining or heavy industry
Project Management Experience
VIEW MORE JOBS