POSTED: 03 Apr 2023
JOB NUMBER: 1336
JOB NUMBER: 1336
Reporting to the General Manager, the Environmental Manager will be responsible for obtaining all permits necessary for the wellfield and SXEW plant construction as well as startup and then ongoing commercial operations. The Environmental Manager will oversee the entire site permit compliance and ensure necessary permit reports, regulatory reports, and updates are submitted ahead of time and as required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead all site permitting activities in keeping with the site long range plan.
- Maintain and ensure site compliance with all permit conditions and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Completion and submission as required of all site permit and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Maintain and enhance site Environmental Management System to ensure best in class performance.
- Maintain positive relationship with local communities, Native American tribes, and agency regulators.
- Oversee the day to day operational performance of the environmental department.
- Oversee the protection of designated tribal areas and artifacts. Develop work plans and disturbed ground policies to protect them in the future.
- Work with all departments at to develop and promote sound environmental work practices and culture.
- Provide technical information and expertise as required.
- Develop and execute environmental management projects.
- Engage and manage external consultants as required.
- Manage the departments annual budget and approved project work.
- Ensure development plans in place for environmental team members.
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
- A P.Eng in Environmental Engineering or a degree in Environmental Sciences along with a professional designation.
- 10+ years of environmental work experience dealing with environmental regulatory processes as well as environmental permitting.
- Strong working knowledge of Arizona and Federal environmental regulations and associated permitting processes.
- Knowledge of insitu leach operations and SX/EW plant operations preferred.
- Have the ability to delegate as well as organize, motivate, and lead a team of 4 individuals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven project management ability including managing, monitoring, and forecasting resource and budget requirements and procurement processes for complex projects.
- Demonstrable skills managing individuals and working with other multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong numerical, written, and verbal communication skills and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore, and discuss environmental issues.
- Experience managing a safety program and safety team under OSHA standards a plus.
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Metallurgical Engineering, Hydrology, or a related field.
- Masters degree in environmental science or related field preferred
VIEW MORE JOBS