POSTED: 07 Jan 2021
JOB NUMBER: 1159
JOB NUMBER: 1159
POSITION PURPOSE Responsible for (including but not limited to) for completing all activities related to safely maintaining, calibrating, installing, testing and troubleshooting pneumatic, electric, electronic, and hydraulic instrumentation devices, etc. safely and in accordance with schedules, plans and all relevant standards and operating procedures.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote a safe work culture for employees and contractors.
- Complete work assignments in a safe and timely manner.
- Test, calibrate and troubleshoot existing equipment and instruments; including heat, pressure, volume, particle size, flow rates, pH, etc.
- Install new, replacement or updated equipment.
- Advise and/or alert operations and maintenance departments on status, condition, and known issues of equipment that could affect/improve their ability to use the instruments to achieve their goals.
- Interface effectively with other Instrumentation Technicians to ensure consistency.
- Accurately and correctly document equipment data (as required).
- Maintain effective decision making and prioritization in fast-paced, stressful conditions.
- Effectively communicate operational status, concerns or achievements.
- Behave in a way that demonstrates support of Company's Vision and Values: Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, Deliver Results and Work Responsibly
- Responsible for but not limited to all tasks/duties assigned or required.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS Knowledge
- Previous Mining experience, i.e. Operations / Concentrator / Maintenance in instrumentation, etc.
- Strong technical background with working knowledge of theories, practices, methods and procedures in industrial instrumentation and other electrical and/or mechanical functions.
- Experience with safely maintaining, calibrating, installing, testing and troubleshooting pneumatic, electric, electronic, and hydraulic instrumentation devices.
- Successfully completed in-house testing and certifications where required.
- SAP experience.
- Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Office / Outlook.
Key Competencies / Skills
- Certified Instrument Technician; with a minimum of five years total experience in the instrumentation or electrical field.
- Minimum of three years of instrumentation in industrial production execution areas.
- Problem solving and Root Cause Analysis capabilities.
- Strong decision making and time management skills.
- Proven ability to operate independently, demonstrate strong leadership skills and be self- motivated.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
DOE Market Competitive
Company Assistance Provided
VIEW MORE JOBS