Mid Range Planner
POSTED: 31 Jan 2023
JOB NUMBER: 1323
JOB NUMBER: 1323
We are seeking a Mining Engineer to work on the Mine Engineering team focused on Mid-range planning, projects, and operations analytics.
- Manage and ensure all employees and contractors are working in compliance with all Company standard operating procedures, MSHA safety guidelines, and are certified to execute the tasks/jobs assigned.
- Responsible for mid-range planning, projects, and operations analytics.
- Responsible for aspects of mid-range mine planning, including:
- Month End Mining Reconciliations
- Mid-Range Mining Plans
- Mid-Range Dump Sequences
- Mid-Range Dump Designs
- Collaboration with site stakeholders for mid-range mining plans
- Material sequence
- Metal delivery
- Access planning
- Pit design
- Production reporting
- Drill and Blast sequence
- Dump design and sequencing
- Mill Feed requirements
- Stockpile strategy
- Leach pad design and sequencing
- Offer assistance or direct the activities for projects (i.e. reclamation, hydrology, pad design, dump design, third party engineering studies, pit dewatering, and procedures).
- Ensures all activities are compliant with Company policies and procedures, federal and state regulations as well as local regulatory agencies.
- Contribute to annual, quarterly, and in Life of Mine forecasting and budgeting.
- Development and implementation of planning schedules, cost estimates, and evaluations of all projects.
- Complete studies and supporting documentation from screening to feasibility level.
- Review, investigate and develop appropriate recommendations regarding assigned engineering projects.
- Plan, budget, communicate, and coordinate to meet goals in a safe and efficient manner.
- Behave in a way that demonstrates support of Company Vision and Values:
Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, Deliver Results and Work Responsibly.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Bachelors degree in Mining Engineering or similar.
- Prior experience in a copper operation strongly preferred but not necessary.
- Exposure to mine planning software (Vulcan, Terrain, ShotPlus, AcQuire, MSSO Optimizer, MineSight).
- Knowledge of drill-blast-load-haul open pit mining sequence.
- Knowledge of theories and practices in mining engineering.
- Excellent communication, analytical, management and problem-solving skills are required.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
- Ability to communicate and work with Mine Manager, Mine Engineering Superintendent, Mine Maintenance Superintendent, and Mine Operations Superintendent and their direct reports.
- Able to speak, comprehend, read, and write English.
- Valid Driver's License.
Physical Demands of the Role
- This role is generally 80% office environment and 20% field environment.
- Ability to stand and walk for short durations, including walking up and down stairs and across uneven surfaces.
- Ability to kneel, crawl, stoop, and squat, occasionally in confined spaces.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Health, Dental, Disability, and Life Insurance (effective on date of hire)
401(k) Savings and Employee Share Purchase Plans
Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and Tuition Reimbursement.
DOE Market Competitive
VIEW MORE JOBS