Mineral Resource Geologist
POSTED: 15 Feb 2023
JOB NUMBER: 1329
JOB NUMBER: 1329
Technical Skills and Required Knowledge:
- Strong geological understanding of porphyry and skarn ore deposits with 3D geological modeling skills.
- Strong geostatistical skills and proficiency with computerized resource estimation tools.
- Able to generate, modify, and make recommendations for all types of geological models, classify domains, and recognize the relation between geology and geostatistics.
- Continually audit and complete model reconciliation to assure compliance to corporate standards.
- Coordinate with mine site geologists and engineers to assure technical quality and proper execution of mine geology, ore control work, timely model reconciliation, assay, and database accuracy.
- Develop resource models in support of corporate M&A work, due diligence studies, and other corporate business development efforts.
- Ensure orebody knowledge has been integrated into all parts of the business.
- Guide sites in creating and maintaining ore control models, forecast models, geometallurgical models, fragmentation models, hardness models, or any other models required to support business needs.
- Identify shortcomings in compliance processes, systems, and procedures, and develop solutions to problems within mine sites.
- Work with exploration team to as necessary to produce exploration models or targets.
- Prepare appropriate reports and presentations.
- Perform all work and provide all necessary information for both internal and external audits.
- Build and maintain collaborative internal relationships with key departments.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in Geology, Engineering, or a related field; or Bachelor of Science degree with equivalent experience
- Minimum if ten (10) years of industry experience, including five (5) years of resource modeling in porphyry copper deposits.
- Thorough experience and understanding of geostatistics, block modeling and resource estimation and highly capable of producing models.
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Energetic and willingness to mentor mine geologists.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of acQuire, Access databases and data quality control / quality assurance (QAQC).
- Knowledge of industry standards in mineral resource and mineral reserve estimation including CRIRSCO, SME guidelines and compliance with public disclosure regulation US SEC S-K 1300.
- Excellent knowledge of Hexagon MinePlan and Leapfrog Geo.
VIEW MORE JOBS