POSTED: 09 May 2023
JOB NUMBER: 1351
JOB NUMBER: 1351
This position provides the managerial and leadership skills necessary to insure a high degree of safety in the workplace, compliance with MSHA/OSHA and other regulatory programs and policies. Manages and leads the safety/ staff in the same goals. Develop training and programs to improve safety performance. Manage the overall security effort.
- Responsible for daily management and supervision of the safety staff, workers compensation clerk, clinic staff and security contractor.
- Determine daily safety/accident report and plan activities with staff.
- Support General Manager in efforts to provide a compliant, safe and accident free workplace
- Be responsible for all new employee and refresher MSHA/OSHA training.
- Insure a safe accident free workplace, follow and instruct others in following all safe work practices and procedures. Hold and attend safety meetings and otherwise comply with the safety programs.
- Develop improvement plans for all aspects of the areas and mentor staff members relating to teamwork and succession planning.
- Set goals for, measure performance and periodically evaluate staff, then prepare summary for further success or improvement as necessary.
- Interact with and manage the periodic MSHA/OSHA or other regulatory inspections and compliance including any legal review or appeal.
- Keep current with changes or additions to OSHA/MSHA or other regulatory compliance levels.
- Conduct as needed security functions and review to best protect the plant from loss including theft protection, insurance or other loss protection etc.
- All else necessary to support the success of the Hayden Operations and the company to the fullest extent possible.
- Coordinate and monitor WC activities, closely track the cost of WC and take action to reduce it.
- Responsible for executing, supporting, and enforcing the Company's Environmental, Health and Safety program as required by OIS policy, directives, and principles.
- Monitor workplace compliance programs/policies and counsel employees.
- Develop SOPs, JAQs, and training programs etc. that are useful and meaningful.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer skills to be expert in all MS and Ellipse systems.
- Need strong familiarization with safety rules and regulations.
- Requires the ability to use intuitive skills and manage multiple tasks interacting with environmental, operations, HR and outside agencies.
- Valid drivers license
- Must be willing to do limited travel.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and work with other managers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Engineering/other technical bachelors degree preferred but will consider suitable experience level.
- 5-10 years of safety experience in similar job or industry.
- Preferred 5 years copper industry experience but other management experience may apply.
- OSHA, EPA and ADEQ regulated work experience necessary and other mining/mineral processing related work helpful.
- OSHA/MSHA training certification or ability to get certification required
VIEW MORE JOBS