Senior Process Control Engineer
POSTED: 11 Apr 2023
JOB NUMBER: 1339
JOB NUMBER: 1339
About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Process Control Engineer. This position is for (including but not limited to) providing Process Control design services from conceptual design through final installation.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Manage and ensure all employees are working in compliance with all Mine and MSHA safety guidelines and procedures.
- Manage and ensure all employees and contractors are working in compliance with all Mine standard operating procedures.
- Manage and ensure that all employees and contractors are certified to execute the tasks/jobs they are assigned (as necessary).
- Develop Programmable Logic Controller and Human Machine Interface programs to control crushing, milling, flotation and filtering in a copper concentrate facility.
- Drives alignment between process and code development.
- Develops automated tools to help improve quality/productivity.
- Advises on how equipment modules should be broken up and controlled based on equipment / process operation.
- Assist network services in the installation and configuration of plant networks, wireless systems and firewalls as they pertain to concentrator process functions.
- Interface with and provide technical guidance to Control Room Technicians.
- Provide cost estimates and project schedules for capital and expense projects.
- Educate and positively influence and sustain culture to ensure a safe, sustainable and disciplined work approach consistent with company's values.
- Develops technology roadmap and identify gap in competencies in the team
- Promote a safe work culture for employees and contractors.
- Behave in a way that demonstrates support company's Vision and Values: Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, Deliver Results and Work Responsibly
- Responsible for but not limited to all tasks/duties assigned or required.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Mining, Metallurgical, Chemical or Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of 8 years in the design and safe installation of heavy industrial control systems.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in the design and safe installation of control systems in the mining industry.
- Strong knowledge of Allen Bradley, GE, Wonderware, Wonderware Historian
- Professional computer skills, including industrial control systems, PLC and HMI programming, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to set total system architecture based on technology and process requirements
- Ability to develop advanced control algorithms when needed and recognizes the need for them vs conventional approaches.
- Ability to develop guidelines on technical implementation in accordance to industry standards and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid Arizona Driver's License.
- Able to speak, comprehend, read, and write English.
Physical Demands of the Role
- Ability to stand and walk for short durations, including walking up and down stairs and across uneven surfaces.
- This role is generally 50% office environment and 50% field environment.
- Ability to kneel, crawl, stoop, and squat, occasionally in confined spaces.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Health, Dental, Disability, and Life Insurance (effective on date of hire)
- 401(k) Savings and Employee Share Purchase Plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and Tuition Reimbursement.
VIEW MORE JOBS