JOB NUMBER: 1346
Our client is in the preliminary phases of returning the Project, a porphyry copper-molybdenum-gold-silver mine to production in the Southwest, USA. The southwestern region of the United States has one of the greatest concentrations of copper-porphyry deposits in the world.
Overview: Our client is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic contributor to function as VP Operations. The VP Operations is responsible for managing all hands-on operational aspects of the Company and executing in a safe and environmentally/legally compliant way. The VP Operations provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to implement a strategic plan, proper financial controls, administrative and reporting procedures, people systems, and ESG in place to effectively grow the organization.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Develop, communicate and implement company mining operations strategy.
- Oversee project development plans and budgets encompassing technical, environmental, and government and community relations factors.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Optimize operational efficiency, establish appropriate cost controls, and maximize production.
- Assist, as required, in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the Company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
- Develop risk & opportunity matrices for all key areas of operations.
- Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners.
- Be available for Board meetings and liaise regularly with the CEO and CFO on management matters.
- Identify, communicate and manage change effectively.
- At the appropriate time, optimize the operation of the mine and processing facilities through leadership and direction of: o a high-quality geological staff to manage the extraction of the current orebody and define additional reserves within the mining lease. o a professional mine planning and metallurgical team to ensure optimal development and treatment of the ore reserve. o a well-managed mining contractor fully compliant with the contracts terms and conditions. o a maintenance and engineering team to optimize availability of the companys facilities and assets. o a cohesive, focused and flexible operations management group.
- Develop an organizational structure and plan to support business growth and recruitment needs downstream.
- Conduct market research to determine appropriate compensation and benefit packages for new roles and refresh short/long term compensation packages with a focus on North America
- Establish effective performance management and succession planning processes.
- Develop operating and capital budget plans consistent with the goals of the business and the direction of Board of Directors
- Review, report, action and reforecast departmental financial performance on a regular basis which shall be no less than monthly.
- Propose and implement authorized operating and capital expenditure strategies that will enhance the financial position of the business ESG:
- Manage with consultants all matters related to environmental, compliance, permitting, water, social, governmental
- Understand the complex interrelationships of social, government and business environment in the region and maintain communication with local community, government and other stakeholders to ensure good standing and expeditious approval of any/all necessary permits.
- Operate in an environmentally sustainable manner demonstrating superior environmental performance.
- Update feasibility based on water availability; Develop and implement strategy to engage to lease additional water rights
- Review land agreements/leases, royalty arrangements
- Stay on top of reclamation bond work
- University degree in mining related field (Mining, Metallurgy, Geology, Engineering) with strong financial skills and understanding. Relevant postgraduate degree an advantage.
- Strong and varied experience with +15 years in an operational role and +10 years in senior management roles in a mining setting. The incumbent must be able to show demonstrated success in meeting objectives and budgets.
- Designation as a P.E. or QP is major asset.
- Must be dynamic, self-motivated and demonstrate a determination to excel and commitment to action and be able to transfer these attributes to others in the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking required.
- Computer Literacy Expertise in Microsoft Office range of programs and knowledge of mining and resource software (Datamine, Vulcan) programs.
SW US Based
DOE Market Competitive
Prefer Local/Regional Candidates
VIEW MORE JOBS