Tailings and Water Operations Superintendent
JOB NUMBER: 1353
Responsible for (including but not limited to) the operation of tailings facilities and water facilities. Supports the business by overseeing the personnel charged with building the tailings facilities to an engineered design. Supports the operational delivery of fresh and reclaimed/recycled water. Responsible for all aspects of operation including care and maintenance or closure of facilities not in currently used for active deposition. Ensures safe work plans are in place for tailings management and water delivery. The superintendent is the area owner and charged with following the companys internal standards for water & tailings operations and ensuring compliance with the Aquifer Protection Permit and other related permits. Ensure daily plans distributed from the Tailings Engineering Team are executed.
- Ensure all employees, vendors and contractors are working in compliance with all Mine safe work procedures and Life Saving Rules.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors are certified to execute the tasks/jobs they are assigned.
- Oversee execution of planned work and scheduling activities using SAP Work Management processes, and adheres to relevant regulations, laws, standards, and procedures.
- Deliver against performance targets and budgets for safety, planning, equipment availability, and cost.
- Partner with Water & Tailings Engineering Supt. Water & Tailings Maintenance Supt. and Environment Supt. to ensure safe, compliant operation of water & tailings facilities.
- Provide input into permitting-related activities.
- Oversee the execution of short and long-term plans and schedules that allow for the appropriate utilization and management of equipment and resources.
- Assign resources and develop work schedules for TSF construction. Daily checks on building to design/QAQC checks.
- Prepare budgets for the Tailings group.
- Oversee staffing decisions for the Water & Tailings operational groups.
- Troubleshoot and direct the work at the Water & Tailings facilities to ensure compliant and safe operations.
The Water & Tailings Operations Superintendent will perform the following tasks (including but not limited to):
- Oversee the development and execution of tailings designs that conform with associated permitting
- Review and validate clarity of planned/assigned work
- Produce cost estimates as required, liaising with Supply Chain and Procurement teams
- Supply information related to all aspects of water & tailings for the integrated planning team.
- Create Purchase Requisitions
- Detailed knowledge of TSF construction, water system operations, preferably in a mining environment (with Facilities, Concentrator, SXEW, Tailings, etc. equipment).
- Detailed knowledge of theories and best practices of water & tailings facilities planning and scheduling.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Minimum of ten years as a professional guiding and influencing practice in water & tailings, facilities/maintenance planning areas. Or equivalent leadership experience
- Minimum of five years in tailings construction or design/GIS.
- Proven ability to operate independently and in small multi-discipline teams, demonstrated leadership skills, and be self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills required.
- Intermediate to Proficient computer skills, spreadsheets (Microsoft Office, CAD 3D, Microsoft Outlook).
- SAP experience (familiarity with SAP planning module, Asset Management a plus).
- Valid Arizona Driver's License
VIEW MORE JOBS